The James River Assembly Designed for Life Women’s Conference is now just a memory, but what an amazing weekend it was for those who attended and for the entire church. The services were life changing as women heard from world class speakers Charlotte Gambill, Nancy Alcorn and John & Helen Burns.
We have received so many beautiful testimonies of how God so powerfully worked in the lives of women. Here are a couple excerpts from some of the emails we have received:
- DFL was a life-changing experience. Every moment was beautiful, but when Charlotte spoke on Saturday, it was all I could do to not jump out of my seat. I realized in that moment that it’s not about me. God has miraculously healed my heart. My eyes are on Him and Him alone. That is sooooooo God and not at all anything I could have done without Him. I’m holding out for what God has for me and I’m no longer making backup plans. Thank you. Kim
- Wow Debbie….what an amazing conference!!! I honestly think it was one of the best that I have attended! There are no words to describe the love and joy I feel….Throughout the entire weekend, I felt God stirring in my heart. I could hear Him telling me that something great was going to happen as a result of the conference. Melody
- 2,992 delegates.
- 50 women made decisions to follow Christ.
- 25 non-English speaking Hispanic women attended (8 of them gave their hearts to Christ!).
- $60,000 was given to Mercy Ministries (http://www.mercyministries.org/homepage) with an additional $10,000 given to support other ministries that help hurting women and children around the world.
- 299 children were sponsored in Haiti—which means JRA now sponsors well over 1,000 children in Haiti (http://www.missionofmercy.org).
- Announced the first ever DFL Missions trip to El Salvador (http://www.MoodyMissions.org).
- The Be A Gift presentation was able to honor two women of great faith with one woman receiving a family Disney Cruise, shopping spree and a $1,500 Lowe’s gift card for home repairs, and the other woman receiving patio furniture, deck expansion and a beautiful canary yellow convertible VW Beetle.
- In addition, those attending the DFL Conference enjoyed an incredible fireworks display, carnival, Group-1-Crew concert and lots of gifts and surprises.
- 500 men and women volunteered and served the women.
We thank the Lord for all He has done and everyone who worked so hard to make the DFL 2011 Conference such a success. We’re looking forward to seeing what God will do in the days ahead.
You won’t want to miss DFL 2012—it is going to be amazing! If you register now, you get a HUGE discount!
The Best is Yet to Come!
John & Debbie
Lead Pastors, JRA