The last three weeks have been filled with a demonstration of God’s grace in the lives of people that has encouraged our hearts and left us amazed! There is no question we have seen God move in response to the fasting and prayers of people. Here’s a little recap of what has happened recently at James River Assembly:
- The Wednesday Evening Prayer Meetings have been powerful – and the results are obvious as we see God moving in the Church!
- The Realife Spring Retreats have had record attendance with 51 students making decisions to follow Christ and 71 students filled with the Holy Spirit!
- The Easter Express had a record attendance with nearly 10,000 people coming out on Saturday morning at both campuses. It was such a great day as we shared God’s love with the community!
- On Easter Sunday, 14,263 people came to the morning worship services, 240 made decisions for Christ and 125 were baptized!
- The JRA/West Campus used 3 additional rooms for overflow and ran out of chairs! We can’t wait to see what happens next year when we have the new sanctuary and expanded children’s area!
Some very exciting things are in store for us in the next few weeks, filled with great opportunities to Pray, Invite and Bring. We can’t wait to see what happens as:
- 45 ladies take the Designed for Life Conference to El Salvador (April 9-15)
- Realife hosts its final Spring Retreat (April 13-15)
- Men gather for the 2nd Annual JRA Men’s Conference (April 20-21) [Guys if you haven’t signed up – you don’t want to miss it!]
- The James River Girls come together for the James River Women’s Rally with guest speaker, Jennifer Beckham (April 27)
We want to thank each and every one of you who prayed, served and gave of your time, talents and resource during the services and events of the Easter weekend. You made Jesus famous, darkness tremble and Heaven smile.
John & Debbie Lindell
Lead Pastors, James River Assembly